Improv 401-January 2018

Cory Jenks
Greetings Improv 401-ers! This is our thread to discuss all the pithy Harold moments from class, any "a-ha" moments from outside of class, or any other improv/Harold related items you wish to share!

Re: Improv 401-January 2018

Kassi
Wow week 2 and still an empty blog!

Since you asked, I came away from week 2 with this:
We worked on initiating strong, but simple improv scenes in the first beats, i.e. finding weird thing and relationship in three sentences.  As a group played with 'Follow the Follower', we learned in our first round to be careful about how everyone 'dying' kind of ends things fast.

By watching the TIM Inc. video, I learned that sometimes the first funniest thing won't always make a good scene.  It looks like the idea about the funny thing makes it easy for everyone to play into the scenes throughout the beats to the end.  I am guessing that will get easier to identify these weird things in a broader scope the more we practice.