Improv 301- July 2017

Amanda Tennyson
Post ideas, videos, questions, etc here!

L'esprit de l'escalier

HollyH
It occurs to me I really should have ended the China Shop scene with "I got 99 problems, but a dish ain't one."

Re: L'esprit de l'escalier

W. Eric Rau
Here is an interesting piece from the New York Times Magazine for those of us who are trying to expand and improve our accent repertoire...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/magazine/accents-hollywood-dialect-coach.html?em_pos=medium&emc=edit_ma_20170721&nl=magazine&nl_art=1&nlid=28097281&ref=img&te=1
Ken

Re: Improv 301- July 2017

Ken
1. We are the most sensitive professional wrestlers in the world!  Isn't that right, Bone Cruncher?
2. Right, Jaw Breaker.  Your candid comments move me deeply.
3.  Man, I'm real sorry about that Pile Driver I put on you the other day.
4. Don't sweat it, dude.  Sure, I still have headaches, but I've forgiven you.
5. I don't deserve your forgiveness, B.C.
6. Everyone deserves forgiveness.  Besides, let's not forget the folding chair I smashed against your back last week.
7. Yeah, that hurt real bad.  But I know that's how you communicate brotherly love.
8. All this violence we use against each other, it's really got my self-esteem down, you know.
9. Dude, what would make you feel better?
10. Flowers.

Re: Improv 301- July 2017

W. Eric Rau
1. We are the grumpiest Kindergarten teachers ever, Cynthia!
2. Yep - neither of us can stand to hear all that happy chatter and laughter.
1. That's why we make our students wear astronaut helmets in class!
2. Yeah, and we find all that creative energy so irritating!
1. That's why we only allow them to finger paint once a week, and limit our finger paint palette to shades of gray.
2. Ugh - I wish we could cut out crafts altogether and just give them nap time all day
1. That would be so much better - or even send them to the first grade room next door for the day so that we can have some time away from them!
1. And that singing they always want to do - nope! Nopity nope nope!
2. It was genius of us to hide all of the musical instruments in the acoustic ceiling
1. It will be even more genius of us to teach them how to make us cocktails all day!
2. Keeping them busy while keeping us loaded - it's a win-win!

Re: Improv 301- July 2017

W. Eric Rau
This is the video I was talking about in class, with Sammi Grant showing how to do 12 accents -
 good tips and fun to watch:

https://youtu.be/7ouDcXRU-rs