Base reality: Man speaking with exterminator in his home
Unusual thing: Being "worried" about an infestation of cell phones
Framed: Exterminator will not accept cell phones as a threat
Other Characters: Family members enter with concerns about additional non ex-terminable threats, supporting the original unusual concept
The base reality is a homeowner in his house greeting a pest control worker and discussing the problem.
The first unusual thing is that the infestation is a mundane object.
The framing happens when a reasonable explanation is offered calling out the peculiar severity of the homeowners concern. Another character offers a simple solution and sets the owner up to again ask for a more drastic response. The wife mirrors and shares the odd reaction.
First Unusual Thing: Home owner called about infestation of a normal object (4 large cell phones) in the attic
Reaction(Framing): Exterminator points outs (Frames) that the unusual thing was just a box of outdated cell phones (a normal item). He was the voice of reason. Other family member's reactions were to ask to have more outdated normal items - specifically rectangular & square - to be removed too.
The Reality Base. Where: The Attic
The First Unusual Thing: Is a concern for an infestation of inanimate objects.
Other character reaction : The exterminator. It's his belief that He's not needed(owner could have dealt with himself.) But He's still gonna charge for the house call, regardless. His wife, states her ambivalence to her husband. But affirms his concern, with the presence of a 5th pest. The narrator attempts to move the scene along.
1st unusual thing: The US census is asks if a man has friends that are albino.
Framing: “That’s the second question?” Points out the absurdity of the question.
Heightening: If we are in a world where the census asks about albinos then
-Albino people all hang out together in dark rooms.
-The census is actually a front for an organization that hunts albino people.
-They go to extreme measures like phone tapping and using helicopters to attack the group.
-People are chosen to become albino hunters.
1 First unusual thing.
Census rep inquiry of number of albino friends he has.
Questioning the original question.
3 Heightening the absurdity of the first unusual thing.
The Census questions are a ploy to recruit for Albino hunters.
1. First Unusual Thing: Census questions are focused on Albino people
2. Framing: Home owner (Rob) responds: "That's the second question?"
3. Example of how they HEIGHTEN : The albinos friends, Reggie & Darren, house is being surrounded and lights shining on them - helicopters can be heard in background. It sounds like they are being hunted. A man in a trench coat appears on top of car to tell Rob has been chosen to hunt albinos due to his friendship with them.
1) “do you have any friends that are albino?”
2) “that’s the second question?”
3) The idea of a group of albinos all hanging out in a basement together was a good way to heighten the scene, and allowed for the scene to progress in a way that it wouldnt have been able to without that new detail of that reality.
Who: Medical Students
What: Performing Surgery
1: sanitizing hands before getting in the cafeteria line
2: going thru the tray line to collect organs/body parts for surgery
3: starting to perform surgery and asking the nurse for a spork
Astronaut as a school bus driver who speaks only astronaut. Beat one: He's shocked kids don't have seatbelts; calls mission control (nice school secretary). Beat two: Bus gets flat tire; calls mission control ( longsuffering janitor. Beat three: He discovers he's left a kid out at the wrong bus stop awhile back; calls mission control (nice school secretary) and runs it down as if he left someone on the moon after a moon landing.
Cosmetic counter salesperson has a new job at Home Depot. She's matching colors and implement designs to customers' coloring, style choices and personality. Beat three: helps parents choose kids's room paint color by painting kid with sample colors.
1. We are the most ‘uniquely placed’ cooks! Starting our own ‘cook on the run’ semi-truck cabs is really taking off!
2. We are the most ‘nature inspired’ rocket engineers! Designing all our all our rockets based on the 7 natural wonders is genius!
3. We are most ‘accidental artistic’ construction workers! When we took those plainly drawn pictures in this gallery and added missing details, I had no idea that would make us famous!
1. This remote jungle is the most ‘baby friendly’ place! I love that the trees have so many soft cubbies where we can change the baby’s diaper!
2. This ice cream store is the most ‘over-engineered’ shop! We don’t have to scoop the ice cream when we can have a high- tech robot arm do it for us!
3. This library is the most ‘wish-fulfilling’ place. I open a book, read it, and what I wish for appears in front of me!
We ballerinas are the most dangerous employees this antique mall ever had.
This antique mall is the worst possible place for us ballerinas to rehearse!
This rave is the noisiest place we’ve ever tried to play our banjo set!
We banjo players are the weirdest people at this rave.
We allergists are the most critical relatives gathered at grandma’s house.
Grandma’s house is the dustiest place we allergists ever go