Improv 301-- April 2017

Amanda Tennyson
Post all your thoughts, questions, musings, and any patterns you notice out in the world!

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Beryl
Hello 301's!

1. I have accessed the Forum

2. My favorite moment in class was Katie's statement about fish, "They're so skillful."

3. My definition of the Game in the scene comes from, Truth In Comedy.  LISTEN for the whole idea in a statement. (pg. 70)  When we listen wholly the "game" appears organically. This is the crux upon which all good improv evolves.

4. All In The Family's, Archie Bunker would invariably say, "Edith, stifle yourself!"
https://youtu.be/BZOTszoKbE4

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Rafi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do I post?

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Beryl
Here is another great parody by SNL.  2 beauty queen contestants as lawyers.  Enjoy!!!

https://youtu.be/uvgBKO7CGzY

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Beryl
Here is an excellent example of escalating a scene.

https://youtu.be/bkbiJYU4CNI

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Rafael "Rafi"  Herreras-Zinman
I think I figured out how to post!

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Linda Ray
I'm totally cheating here by recycling a "we are the most" scene I wrote in a dark-ages 301 class when we had to do 20 lines.

CLUMSIEST TATTOO ARTISTS
By Linda Ray
We are the clumsiest tattoo artists ever!
I think we should probably just go ahead and spend some money to skid-proof the floor.
Yeah and probably the steps. When you fell on the steps and broke your arm, it really put a dent in our income.
I’m sorry, Bob. I must be the clumsiest tattoo artist in the business
Hey, that goes for both of us, Louise.
Look on the bright side, though. If you hadn’t rolled your wheelchair over all those bottles of ink, we never would have come up with our most popular design!
Right? That kaleidoscope pattern kills! Our business has almost doubled since we came up with that.
Yeah, that could be our first national award winner!
I really think we have a chance at that special judges’ award for finest detail in coloring.
That would be so cool. But credit where it’s due. If I hadn’t knocked down that shelf of inks, they wouldn’t have been on the floor for you to run over.
I’m really sorry it hit you on the head on the way down, but I’d swear it improved your vision.
Ha! If it had, I might have noticed you behind me when I was backing my car out of the alley.
No worries. The doctor says I’ll be out of the wheelchair in a week, and the cast will be off in six months.
Yeah, but it’s going to be a bitch in the heat this summer.
When is your cast coming off?
It should be just another couple of weeks.
I’m so glad we found a way to work together. My tattoos go faster now that you’re handing me things with your left hand.
Still. I can’t wait to get back to work. Oh look! Here comes the mail! I’ll get it! (breaks through front door glass)
Don’t run! Jesus!
It’s a letter from the International Association of Tattooers. We won!

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Amanda
1: We are the unhealthiest nurses ever!
2: Hey, being a nurse doesn’t mean we can’t have a snack break! We’re not THE unhealthiest!
1: We’re about to finish off a package of pork rinds. Have you look at how much sodium these have?
2: It’s salty, sure, but that’s why hydration is important! We’re fine!
1: Big Gulps are not hydration! This is the third one of the day, too. The guys at the Circle K know me by name! They ask how my kids are doing!
2: All that soda is probably going to rot our teeth, buuuut those can be replaced. We’re fine!
1: Man... I feel like we’re a couple of beat-up pickup trucks running on fumes and dreams.
2: And caffiene pills!
1: We’re one bump away from falling apart.
2: Speaking of, I got a face-full of tuberculosis this morning.
1: Geez!! You’ve been sitting on that fact this whole time?! You going to get tested?
2: Yeah, right after this cigarette. Got a lighter?

1: We are the slipperiest laywers ever!
2: Yes, Mr. Anderson, we are. I’m not seeing the point to running the bubblemaker in the court room. You can’t prove the defendant innocent with this.
1: Yesterday, you said my client could not have slipped at the bubble party. I brought the bubblemaker here to prove you wrong!
2: Couldn’t you have run some testing in the lab? There’s bubbles up to my knees. This is an expensive suit!
1: Seeing is believing, and I’m seeing you having trouble standing up.
2: Mr. Anderson, you may be the slimiest defense lawyer I’ve ever seen. You’re arguing the defendant slipped and slid in just the right way that she accidentally killed the victim?
1: Yes, I’m arguing exactly that! Have you ever tried to keep control of a butcher’s knife while on a slip and slide?
2: I wouldn’t go on a slip and slide with a butcher’s knife unless I wanted to murder someone!
1: Incidentally, I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce the butcher’s knife as evidence.
2: Objection!

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

Beryl
 We are the sweetest inmates ever!

2.    Ya man, last week in my home economics rehab class, I made a pair of curtains with a matching valance for the C.O.’s office.

    I thought that looked like your work.  I got reassigned to the laundry room and I’m personally responsible for that badass Mexican gang leader’s uniforms.

2.     Whoa!  I’m working on embroidered tea towels for the warden’s wife.

    Today a BIG bottle of Downy was on my folding table.  There was a note with it written in Spanish.  It said, “This smell reminds me of my mother.

2.     ‘Nough said, Man.  I’m gonna make a tea cozy for C.O.’s break room.

    Don’t forget that Thursday is our volunteer time in the differently-abled inmates pod.

2.     I haven't forgotten, man, i’m gonna to spoon feed that mass murderer who had  stroke last month.

    We definitely have our niche figured out Bro.

2.      Yeah!  It’s a sweet!

Re: Improv 301-- April 2017

jadenbankhead
This is me posting on the forum.