Improv 201 May/June 2K17

Cory Jenks
Hey all my 201'ers! This is your official class forum for questions, responses, aha's and any other improv-y related goodness!

YEAH!

Cory

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

Mike the Machine
First instance of animal qualities is literally a person transitioning into a cat from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsK6Lqc6u30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMD0C6Zt83U

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

HollyH
Animal inspired performances...by Bronson Pinchot

First, a cat:

https://youtu.be/GHZWWFmaFcI

And a small, yappy-type dog:

https://youtu.be/BFd3rGIa5UY

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

Cory Jenks
Mike and Holly, thanks for sharing!

Mike,
Those examples from It's Always Sunny are excellent examples of playing on the scale of 1-10 almost entirely at a 10 as that character had essentially evolved into a cat.

Holly,
I loved those two different animal examples from the same actor! I also love how it shows the subtleties of utilizing animal traits. While the Sunny clip was almost totally animal, Bronson's characters were definitely heavily informed by animal traits!

All of these clips are excellent examples of the possibilities of incorporating animal traits!

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

Aileen
I googled Donald Trump an Iguana and returned this thread.   Not bad
http://www.phoenixcentre.com/blog/2016/07/31/donald-trump-iguanas/

Here's a fake twitter account that to me, the picture looks most like an Iguana
https://twitter.com/faketrumpquotes

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

W. Eric Rau
Here is a link to the most recent Improv Tip by Paul Vaillancourt, one of the founders of iO West in L.A. and author of The Triangle of the Scene, one of my favorite books on Improv. He is a terrific performer and teacher, and his tips are always helpful - I highly recommend subscribing to his YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/Eeq5JS6Hhy8

Also, here is a link to his Improv Tip from May 30, with guest tipper, Armando Diaz, Improv legend and creator of the long form Improv format officially known as The Armando Diaz Theatrical Experience and Hootenanny, which is more commonly referred to as The Armando and performed by our very own Cory Jenks and his awesome team every Friday night in The Soapbox...

https://youtu.be/TvzuEq7TS4w

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

W. Eric Rau
With respect to our accent work this class, you might enjoy this video from Canada, which has a fun game with multiple accents!
https://youtu.be/t0DQ2o4qBqk

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

Aileen
Thanks for the links, Eric!

Re: Improv 201 May/June 2K17

W. Eric Rau
Get your kicks from Tip 66! Here is a "Lost Episode" (Tip 66) from Paul Vaillancourt and guest, Dave Hill - those of us Improvisors who are sober can still benefit from "having a drink" (no alcohol required) and just hanging out with our teams!

https://youtu.be/SK8DAg_LrDw